[ale] Shared Calendar

Alan Dobkin ALE at MaestroIT.com
Thu Dec 23 09:33:17 EST 2004

FYI, I haven't installed it yet, but the Horde Team just announced the
new final release of their Kronolith Calendar Application, along with a
whole suite of other updated web-based applications.  It offers shared
calendars and looks very promising.

Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [announce] Kronolith H3 (2.0) (final)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:25:57 +0100 (CET)
From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
To: announce at lists.horde.org, kronolith at lists.horde.org

After three years of work, the Horde Team is proud to announce the final
release of the Kronolith Calendar Application version H3 (2.0).

Kronolith is the Horde calendar application.  It provides web-based
calendars
backed by a SQL database, the MCAL library, or a Kolab server.  Supported
features include shared calendars, remote calendars, meeting management,
alarms, recurring events, and a sophisticated day/week view which handles
arbitrary numbers of overlapping events.

The major changes compared to the Kronolith 1.x versions are:
     * Shared calendars.
     * Meeting management through iCalendar and iTip messages.
     * Event reminders through email.
     * iCalendar import and export.
     * Generation of free/busy information.
     * Remote calendars.
     * Kolab server support.
     * Search capability.
     * Access keys.

The Kronolith H3 (2.0) distribution is available from the following
locations:

     ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/kronolith/kronolith-h3-2.0.tar.gz
     http://ftp.horde.org/pub/kronolith/kronolith-h3-2.0.tar.gz

Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:

     http://www.horde.org/mirrors.php

MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:

     7ee17a4a4ed1882381c9ae093685621c  kronolith-h3-2.0.tar.gz

Have fun!

The Horde Team.