[ale] OT VHS to DVD conversions

linux linux at jtholmes.com
Wed Dec 22 23:22:18 EST 2004

I have about 50 Personal Purchased VHS movies that I want to convert to
DVD.

I have looked at several products  Dazzle, Pinnacle, Canopus
and the all have Warts of some kind.

I Simply want to convert these VHS tapes to DVD and of course
bypass the macrovision encoding.

I am sure there are lots of suggestions. I only have commercial
movies, about 50, as I never had a VHS camcorder, but now
I have a Digital Camcorder and know how to get that to DVD.

Any tried and true solutions would be appreciated. Cost should
stay under $350 unless the solution would make it much easier
to make DVD movies of my grand child.
thanks
jt