[ale] linux recommendations

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Dec 22 20:29:43 EST 2004

Kevin Carstensen wrote:

>   Depends on if you want to be taken care of or if you want a
> demanding hobby.  Slackware is the latter.  A wonderful benefit of
> being part of a GNU community is all the choices.

I wouldn't say it's a demanding hobby.  I've used it in various
situations where it was a right solution and once installed, it just
worked.  It's great for small footprint situations.

It's not that hard to install, and easily updated, once you're familiar
with the approach.  Certainly not something I'd install on my
mother-in-laws computer.

--
Until later, Geoffrey