[ale] Nagios check_nrpe issue

fishr at bellsouth.net fishr at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 21 16:15:45 EST 2004

Hello all,

I am hoping someone on this list uses/has used Nagios and can help me with an issue I have experiencing.  First, some background info:

>From checkcommands.cfg of Nagios host

#'check_nrpe' command definition
        define command {
        command_name check_nrpe
        command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
        }

($USER1$ = /usr/local/nagios/libexec)

>From services.cfg of Nagios host

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                       server.domain.net
        service_description             sda1 Free Space
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_disk2
        }

>From nrpe.cfg of remote host

command[check_disk2]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk 80 95 /dev/sda1

I am receiving the message "Incorrect command line arguments supplied" within the Nagios web interface for all services I am attempting to monitor on the remote host however, I AM ABLE to access this same information when running the idividual check_* commands from the command line of the Nagios host.

ANY ideas???

Thanks in advance.
-Ryan