[ale] need working dialup

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 21 01:04:17 EST 2004

Well, you should get a login prompt to respond to before you go into
PPP.  You are doing the right thing by using nsummerour at earthlink.net as
the login.  Does your chat script look for ogin: and word: as strings to
expect with the appropriate data sent back as the "send"?

expect ogin:
send nsummerour at earthlink.net
expect word:
xxxxxxx
expect ~
pppd blahblahblah

something along those lines worked for me.  wvdial doesn't expect
anything after sending the password, it just starts ppp by default.  If
you don't expect and send the login/password pairs then your not
authenticated and PPP will fail during LCP and never go further.  The
servers ignore you just like what your seeing.
Dow