[ale] ISO image from a mounted CDROM

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Thu Dec 16 21:09:00 EST 2004

Returning EBUSY is a function of the driver.  Looking at the source
(2.4.x), if the cdrom driver is used it will return EBUSY if opened for
exclusive use or if locked, as in no eject, which the app mount or
whatever may choose to do.  The sonycd535 driver allows only one
exclusive open, the second open will fail with EBUSY returned.

I would bet he has a sony drive.