[ale] FW: Full time Linux System Admin position - Atlanta, GA

Aditya Srinivasan sriad at uab.edu
Thu Dec 16 17:34:22 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Openoffice.org.  Show your ability to work around problems :>

Or perhaps actually use Microsoft Word ?? :) :)
Not that I recommend it, but some people do use it ... :)

http://unix.se/Interview_with_Dennis_Ritchie

Could you please describe a typical work day at Bell Labs? What software
do you use?

DR: I tend to come in late unless there's a meeting, but spend a fair
amount of time tending to e-mail communication. My own environment (on PC
hardware) actually runs Windows NT, but it is used mainly as a graphics
terminal connected to a Plan 9 server, in a way approximately analogous to
an X windows client. The connection at home is now via cable modem (until
last summer ISDN), and Ethernet at the office. Any editing, software work,
and mail is done in this exported Plan 9. For stuff like getting Excel and
Word things, plus much WWW browsing, I revert to NT.

Thanks,
sriad