[ale] OT: Apex PD650 Black Screen

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Thu Dec 16 14:31:14 EST 2004

If the back light is out it could be the high voltage power supply
which is usually one board or the flouresent tube itself.  I repaired a
laptop recently that had a busted tube.  The power supply was good. It
drew a pretty blue arc to my meter probe as soon as I came within an
inch of it.  (thought I'd see if ti worked before I found the shattered
tube).

If you are having intermitent problems maybe is is a loose connection
or possible the high voltage supply is going out.

I don't know were you would get parts at a price that would make it
reasonable to repair.  I pulled the old flouresent tube out of an
identical screen that was cracked.

Mark