[ale] cybex kvm

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Tue Dec 14 23:17:52 EST 2004

I had a cybex get an unknown password once. After like 3 days on the
phone, I finally convinced them to RMA the bloody thing for me. It was
still on manufacturers warranty though. Something similar happened with
HP once too, and it took a couple of guys (including someone with VP in
their title) about a whole day to talk HP into sending out a tech to
change the password with the super secret password.

Either way, I'm guessing talking to cybex is probably the route you'll
have to take.

Mike

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> I have acquired a Cybex Autoview Commander 8 port KVM that has an
> administrative password set that no one knows. Having taken the cover
> off and googled a bunch
> a) I can find to reset button
> b) Cybex does not want anyone to be able to use these if an admin quits
> and changes the password.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on these things? I can call tech support (which is
> _all_ I have found on the web so far). There is a socketable ROM chip
> that looks like a very small bios chip.

Mike Murphy
781 Inman Mews Drive Atlanta GA 30307
Landline: 404-653-1070