[ale] cdrecording problems

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 16:24:25 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 15:37 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > try swapping -data with -dao on the command line.  The data filename
> > (YWASC.ISO) should follow the -data command line parameter. ;-)
>
> No, -data is a flag that tells it you're creating a data disk, it does
> not expect an option.  You can use either -data or -audio.  The order is
> not the problem

Man cdrecord says that you are correct.  I never build audio disks on
linux, and as such I have always seen and used the -data parameter with
the data filename following it.

Chris, is this a true SCSI cd/dvd drive?  If not, on kernel 2.6.x I have
success with "cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0,0"

what does "cdrecord dev=help" produce?

-Jim P.