[ale] up2date - HOWTO question...

Michael Still michaelstill at tmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:09:47 EST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 9:26 am, fishr at bellsouth.net wrote:
> How does one download all available updates to a single server via
> up2date then use that server as the point of contact for all other
> servers to receive their updates?  Searching for this on Google has
> been fruitless for me so far...  This is for RHEL3 ES and AS btw.
>
> Thank you.
> -Ryan

I suppose you could use rsync to grab the updates tree off a public
server, then make that available over http then mod your up2date config
files to point to that http server.  I don't know the specifics about
up2date but I would think you could find it by reading up on its man
page.

I thought update distribution was a feature of buying redhat AS and ES
though. Or maybe they want to sell you the update service as well.