[ale] Make RAID 1 during install

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Dec 10 07:23:07 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 01:55, Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, James P. Kinney III wrote:
>
> > Side note on making RAID on a fresh install:
> >
> > Prior versions of RedHat and Fedora have been pretty good with making
> > RAID and/or LVM systems on installation. However, Fedora Core 3 x86_64
> > will crash during the installation if RAID or LVM is used in any form.
>
> That's not at all universal. I've got several boxes running FC3 on x86_64
> gear that use RAID, LVM, or both that I set up during install. Since FC3
> does LVM by default, even if I didn't have it working I'd think it's got to
> be fairly specific to your gear....

It is an all SATA drive setup. I could faithfully reproduce if I weren't
now using the machine. I did collect two anaconda crash dumps.

Another install on a seperate machine which used RAID5 on SCSI drives
succeeded. It must be a SATA thing.

> Got a bugzilla #?
Not yet. I was searching for other issues to append info. It looks like
a new bug so far.