[ale] Need Tractor Feed Dot Matrix printer

Jim jwl at sgi.com
Thu Dec 9 23:10:24 EST 2004

Brian J. Dowd wrote:

> My first home computer (1975) ran a Teletype ASR33...

Actually my first computer was a 6502 + 6522 TIM? (I forget the part
number) hooked to a borrowed ARS33.  The guy had to have it back so I
built a "glass tty" from a book, was it Lancaster?  that I used after
that.  Used a monitor and a surplus keyboard.  Had a whopping 1K of
memory.  The whole thing was wirewrapped.  The glass tty didn't scroll
but had two display pages so I could swap back to the previous page to
see what had transpired.  Then I got a KIM-1.  Added a KIMSI adaptor to
it and a tarbell disk interface and wrote a DOS (Disk operating system)
for it.  Looked a lot like the OSI-65 OS since that was the only one I
knew anything about.  I started developing a DOS that looked like CP/M
but decided to just give up and buy a Z80 system and run CP/M.  The rest
is history.  I still have the KIMSI and two Kim-1 boards.

You are not the only geezer onboard.

Jim.

I suspect from now on, all my posts will be ignored.....   8)