[ale] WPS Format documents

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 7 21:26:28 EST 2004

> From: Richard <ratcheson at earthlink.net>
>
> On Tuesday 07 December 2004 04:38 pm, griffisb at bellsouth.net wrote:
> > Hmmmm, I'll remind my son to save in RTF format so we don't run into
> > this the next time.
>
> So the burning question on everyone's mind is . . . why not use OpenOffice?
> Once the wps are all in rtf, then you can talk to Xp and all those folks
> who are stuck on windows.

That was the original idea. The XP laptop has both Corel Office Suite 2000 and
OpenOffice installed. My son should not have been using MSWorks for documents,
but found it quick and easy.

I'll push again for OOo. It is installed on both the SuSE 9.1 and the Win98
partitions of the dual-boot desktop, on my middle son's Debian desktop, and on
both the WinXP and SuSE 9.1 partitions of my son's dual-boot laptop.

Sometimes installing, showing and explaining isn't enough.