[ale] Script won't assosciate my wireless?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 12:15:44 EST 2004

Hi Rob,

I have a near identical setup, what you need to do is break the iwconfig
commands up into multiple steps.  I also have to rmmod and insmod the
ipw2100 module when switching between WEB and t-mobile.  Basically what
to make life easy I just wrote a bunch of short scripts to use sudo and
manually config the correct network.  Linux sucks when it comes to
wireless auto config.

Here's my ifup-home script

-------------
# reset networking....
sudo ifconfig eth0 down      > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo ifconfig eth1 down      > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo iwconfig eth1 essid any > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo modprobe -r e1000
sudo modprobe -r ipw2100
sudo modprobe -r ieee80211_crypt_wep
sudo modprobe -r ieee80211_crypt