[ale] technology/politics correlation?

Josh Freeman jkfreeman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:07:15 EST 2004

There is a beta out for PosgreSQL 8 that supports Windows Natively. It
actually works really well, and the admin console is a lot better than
the one on Linux (not that I ever use it much). All our production is
done is in Linux, but we have a copy set up on a windows laptop that I
can send out when we have to do demos or meetings somewhere where
there isn't a connection.

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:30:25 -0500, Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
> Brian Stanaland wrote:
> > And what gets me is that the database behind the frontend is MySQL on
> > Red Hat.  He's written stuff for and uses linux all the time.  Don't
> > know what kind of background/training he has.  He may be self-taught.
> > He uses ASP scripts?  Not sure, I'm not a web dev guy.  I know the
> > webserver is IIS and the pages are .asp.
>
> Someone just recently posted to one of the Postgresql lists that they
> were migrating their Postgresql database from Linux to Windows.... ????
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey

Josh Freeman
YMCA Assistant Scuba Instructor