[ale] Earthlink vs. Send Mail

Mike Terzo mterzo at mindspring.net
Thu Dec 2 14:52:52 EST 2004

Earthlink, blocks outgoing SMTP.  You can use your local sendmail server
if you like, but you will have to configure it to use a smart relay to
send it to an earthlink smtp server.

in your sendmail.cf add

DSsmtp.earthlink.net
It's been a while since I've used my own smtp, but you should have no
problem with incoming connections to that port, so you should be able to
receive mail just fine.

--mike terzo