[ale] Introduction

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Dec 1 06:11:11 EST 2004

aaron wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 01:42, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> Jason Fritcher wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm new to the Atlanta area and have been looking for a new LUG
>>> to join. I really liked what I saw on the website, so I joined
>>> the mailing list and thought I would introduce myself.
>>
>> Welcome.  What part of town do you live in? You do know that we
>> have three meetings a month, but the best one is the NW meeting...
>
> ...  ;-)
>
> (-: Thought I'd help Geoffrey out and add the 'Smile and A Wink' that
>  he meant to put on that line above.... :-)

I intentionally left if off in hopes of generating some discussion.  I
do hope Jason picked up on my attempt at humor. :)

> The best ALE meeting is, of course, the original and CENTRAL meeting
> currently held at Emory University Law School, at least when the
> second Thursday of the month doesn't land in finals week.

I'm wondering when finals are at KSU?  Emil?  Anyone else at KSU?  Insights?

> On that note, this month's CENTRAL meeting may be an especially good
> chance to meet new folks. We may just be doing a party gathering at a
> local eatery, since we don't have a space at Emory this month. Will
> keep y'all posted.

NOT FAIR! Bribing a geek with FOOD!

> Rest assured, though, that whichever meeting(s) you attend you will
> be welcomed warmly.

Agreed.  Then again, I DO have the ALE/LISA t-shirts for sale and will
have them available at the NW meeting. :)  Hmmm, maybe I should make the
Central meeting this month too.

--
Until later, Geoffrey