[ale] KMail 1.7 on KDE3.3 Looking Good!!!

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Aug 29 13:51:46 EDT 2004

Stephan Uphoff wrote:
> You might want to think about installing a local imap server
> for email storage.
> This way you can switch between email tools without loosing
> your locally stored mail.

I don't like relying on my dsl connection to maintain my email.  It does
every now and then go down, not often, but usually, as one would expect,
at the most inopportune times.

> I just switch from exmh .. and did not feel like committing myself.
> I use cyrus as an imap server and procmail to sort my email.
> ( Warning, procmail adds a header that you need to remove before
> piping a mail into cyrus deliver (formail -I"From "))
>
> As an additional benefit you should be able to have multiple
> concurrent email tools open for the same mailbox.
> This is handy if you constantly switch between a desktop and a wireless
> laptop.

I used to keep my email on my desktop box, but I recently moved it to my
laptop so I'd have it with me at all times.  I've still not decided the
approach I want to take, as I could still leave it on my desktop and
connect remotely.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995