[ale] Default Soundcard in SuSE 9.1 Pro

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Wed Aug 25 15:17:40 EDT 2004

> Have you looked to see if you can disable the on-board
> sound chips with the BIOS screens?  I've had to do that
> more than once to get the OS to use the PCI soundcard.

I could do that, but I'm trying to avoid actually disabling it on the
off chance I might use it with WinXP (on the rare occasions i boot into
that for gaming or something). Uninstalling the linux driver seemed to
do the trick though. I was just surprised that there wasn't a way to
choose a default card in SuSE between two or three audio cards.

Ryan