[ale] mail headers question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 25 14:18:18 EDT 2004

So, I setup a mailbox where the smtp server and pop server are using the
isp's servers, not localhost.  So a message bounces from a mindspring
address with references to open relays.

So I send a message from this email address to my speedfactory address.
  When I review the headers, I can see not only my speedfactory dsl name
but the internal ip address (NAT) of my network.  So folks, what am I
missing?  How is it that the internal ip address is getting into the
headers???

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995