[ale] MP3 Player of choice?

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Fri Aug 20 18:18:10 EDT 2004

> Check out Netjuke.. may not be exactly what you're looking for... but
> it's worth a mention none the less

In this case, it isn't what I'm after since the audio isn't going to be
streaming to another computer but simply playing out of an audio card
on the box directly to my stereo system. I just need to be able to
control playback from other computers on the home network. If I do any
streaming from the server directly to the computer, it will probably be
though iTunes using daapd. However, I WILL look into this for some of
the website streaming I do. I'd been using Andromeda, which is the same
idea, but isn't open source or free. So thanks for the heads up
regardless!!

Ryan