[ale] MP3 Player of choice?

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri Aug 20 14:53:05 EDT 2004

Ryan Williams wrote:
> What is everyone's MP3 player of choice for linux?

1) mp3blaster
2) XMMS

I like Mp3Blaster because it runs from the command line and takes few resources.  My wife can now mount/umount the cdrom, start mp3blaster, and setup her music/audiobooks from the command line.  since she has no patience with computers, this is pretty impressive.  i even heard her talking a friend through how to do the same over the telephone.

now if she would just put her hair up like Princess Leia... :-)