[ale] If you're on Bellsouth DSL, I recommend changing providers.

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.com
Wed Aug 18 09:43:42 EDT 2004

No, no.  Not a good thing at all.  It doesn't matter if I have a
sendmail server at home or not.  Blocking Port 25 prevents me from
sending email from my MUA through my SMTP server located out there
elsewhere on the Net.  So, if you're a user who needs to take their
laptop from their home to client sites around town -- as I do -- you
have to have two different identities/accounts and remember to use them
when applicable.  It's just more pain in the neck from where I'm
standing.  Also, it should be an easy thing for them to track spam
traffic across their network, aespecially on DSL accounts, then
implement an easy way to block the troublemakers.  It's just not _that_
hard to follow the heavy traffickers to warrant what they've done.  imho

Matthew Brown
CorData