[ale] Hyperthreading

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Mon Aug 16 11:33:48 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 09:16, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 07:32, James Sumners wrote:
> > I would but the box does more than just compile things.
>
> Yep. I've decided I need _two_ of every machine so I can have a test
> version and a production version.
>
> That decision has not been approved by "She who must be obeyed". :(

You just need to explain that the proper way to do it is to have 3 of
each machine:

	Production
	QA    (w/identical hardware)
	Devel (w/similar hardware)

So by only having two, you are making a sacrifice, but in he spirit of
cooperation, you are willing to do it.  :)

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer