[ale] Q: Setting printer to accept jobs from net

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 16 11:18:48 EDT 2004

ALErs -

I have a RH-7.3-derived box with a local printer: an Epson 740i that is
well managed by ghostscript and running under LPRng. I would like to offer
that printer as a UNIX PS printer to clients on my LAN.

I would appreciate someone's directing me to the correct FM, and maybe
offering a couple of hints. I understand that open lpr services are a
security hazard, but I am running behind a firewall that forwards only one
port from outside - not that one.

TIA for any guidance.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu