[ale] From Dual Boot to Linux only

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Fri Aug 13 13:50:58 EDT 2004

I've had really good luck with qtparted / NTFS.  I've got a dual-boot
WinXP & FC1 IBM Thinkpad that came stock with XP Pro.  After some
finaggling (is that a word), I was able to partition the drive down to
get FC1 installed on it, and the XP Pro install is still fine.  At any
rate, I would be that you could just use qtparted to delete the ntfs
partition and grow the ext3 parition (or whatever fs you're using).
Since you'd be getting rid of ntfs (to install *nix), any ntfs boo-boo's
shouldn't be a big problem anyway (as long as you have the data backed
up, which you would if you were going to format anyway)
--
registered linux user # 73046

Nathan J. Underwood
Cyber Tech Cafe' <><