[ale] Yes, you can hack up a reiser file system!

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 12 09:46:26 EDT 2004

Normally reiserfs doesn't get screwed up.  You might want to watch that
drive or your son's usage.  I've driven Reiserfs pretty hard and never
had a buggered file system.  XFS is also like that.  It is ext2fs that
normally gets all twisted by power shut offs.  Just my thought based on
my experience so far.  My XFS experience is with SGIs so the code is not
OS.  I've only used XFS on Linux with the OS version once.  I've used
Reiserfs on pretty much every machine running Linux so it worries me you
had to actually use the --check function.
Dow