[ale] AOL usage

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 10 12:04:36 EDT 2004

disclaimer: I have never used, nor do I ever intend to ever use AOL for
anything but a coaster.

A client is considering using a Linux box for all of his *unsafe*
web-surfing (don't even ask). At issue is AOL. Currently he uses the AOL
browser to go to all of his *favorite sites* which is in reality M$IE.
Supporting the system is getting expensive and cumbersome and he gets
grumpy (but more productive) when I lock down the box so he can't *see
his sites*.

The question is: other than AOL corporate crap, are there web sites that
are only in AOL space and thus not accessible to real web users? I know
his *special sites* are not in AOL space. I'm really only thinking about
news sites and other *non-special* pages.

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>