[ale] PS/2 to Serial Mouse

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:01:11 EDT 2004

Be sure your hard/soft settings are correct for com[1-4] and that the
port is properly and completely connected inside the box. Also check
that the adapter is adequately plugged-in to the ps2 and serial connectors.

You may also need to go through a sequence to in RH to properly install
the mouse.

I have several of these running and they are a bit problematic to
install but do work.

HTH

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> I've got this nice Logitech PS/2 mouse that comes with a plug to connect to a serial port. My old
> serial port mouse is pretty much a goner but I've got an old computer that doesn't have a PS/2
> mouse port so I would like to use this adapter to move my Logitech mouse to that box.
> Unfortunately, it gets nothing from it it seems. When I reboot, RedHat even comes up and uninstalls
> my serial mouse cause it can't detect it. Is this combination supposed to work? If not, does anyone
> know where I can get a good serial port mouse? Seems they're all PS/2 and USB.
>
> 	thanx & later,
>
> 		Ben Scherrey

s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II