[ale] Adding Kpgp Shredder to Desktop

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Fri Aug 6 18:57:02 EDT 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 12:23, BruceG wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> 	I've been messing with Kpgp, encrypting and decrypting files. When I set
> up Kpgp, I did not add the shredder to the desktop. Figured I'd just dump
> docs into the trash and take the trash out on occasion. Now I think I would
> prefer to shred decrypted documents.
>
> 	How do I add the shredder back to the desktop?

Right click on the Kgpg applet and restore. Go to "Settings" and select
"Configure Kgpg". From there, go to "Misc". You will see a button that says
"Install Shredder". Click it.

> 	As a side note - you would export your key if you intend to encrypt and/or
> sign e-mails, correct? But you would NOT export a key if you want secure
> documents on your desktop.

You don't need to export your own key for signing and encrypting. However, you
must set a trust level for your own key before Kmail will allow you to use it
for encrypting. I have set the trust level for my own key to "ultimate" (I
like myself). Do the same and you will be on your way.