[ale] Distro for Mom?

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Aug 5 17:09:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Vincent Fox wrote:

> Any distro under the hood is fine, worried about the paint job.

<<snip>>
> I know I could sit and screw around with an existing desktop and come
> up with something, I was just hoping someone had already done so to
> save my lazy ass the trouble.

I'm not sure that "lazy" is a correct operative word. Given the near
infinite variety of software available, you need to be able to reduce the
decision space to a useful size mucho quickly. Starting close to your
final stop make for fewer possible errors.

Fussing aside, looking at one or more of the mini-cdrom distributions may
give you the lead you need. Good hunting!