[ale] Fedora Core 2 Question

lisk at mindspring.com lisk at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 4 09:45:22 EDT 2004

I'm more of a hobbyist when it come to Linux than a system administrator
type.  I have a dual boot system using GRUB to boot to either Windows 98se,
the default choice (because the rest of my family insists) or Fedora Core
1.  I'm trying to upgrade to Fedora Core 2 using CD's with the iso images
downloaded from Redhat.com/fedora.  My problem is that even though I have
set my computer's BIOS to boot from the CD, it seems to bypass the CD and
go to GRUB and from there I have to either boot to W-98 or Fedora Core 1.

I've looked around on the internet to find out about making bootable CD's,
and how to set things up so it will work, but I'm either too dense to
understand or just not looking in the right places as I haven't found
anything yet that seems to fit the situation.

Would someone be kind enough to give me a hint or point me somewhere to
some reasonably understandable information how to go about it?

Thanks
John Lisk