[ale] High Tech Open SOurce Solution (yeah right, he said)

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 3 16:34:18 EDT 2004

Finally had an opportunity to put all this open source goodness to proper use.
My son found an old brown lab wandering. Checked her tags - no name, no
number, just an expired rabies tag from 2001. Called the vet - they couldn't
track the number back.

So: had my son take the dog's picture with a digital camera. Then we cropped
it in Gimp. Then we sized it. The copied it into OpenOffice to make a Found
poster.

Off to tape and/or staple signs. You know open source software is ready for
general use when you can make dog found signs.