[ale] ADSL PCI cards?

Christopher Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Mon Aug 2 11:07:38 EDT 2004

My current setup at home is an ADSL modem directly connected to a
bridging firewall and from there to my home network. I recently
discovered that there are ADSL PCI cards in existence, and the thought
of eliminating a step in the hardware chain is tempting. From what I
can tell, there are Linux 2.4 and 2.6 drivers for the Unicorn chipset,
which is used in the BeWAN product
(http://www.bewan.com/bewan/products/adsl_modems/adslpcist.php).

Does anyone have experience with these? Is it possible to view stats
and adjust settings using the Linux driver? At the very least, I would
like to be able to log line bounces and error rates.

Thanks,

-C