[ale] OT: Well it is going to hit the list sooner or later.

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:47:53 EDT 2004

Assuming your rendition of the case to be true and complete, Mr. Blake
should be made administrative head of ALDOT for rendering the people of
Alabama such brave and needed service in revealing the rot in ALDOT,
which is further evidenced by it's handling of this case.

Anyone who had the responsibility of evaluating/judging/acting on his
original submissions and supported his termination, should themselves be
dismissed, not as vindictiveness, rather as.... confirmation that they
were also part of the rot.

His boss should be fined on some basis commensurate with his
transgressions, and then fired without benefits.

Logic & literacy should be made legal in Alabama, in the hope that this
would incite a movement to introduce them throughout the South   :-)

With a banjo on his knee,
A Southerner

Adrin wrote:

> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/08/01/022255.shtml?tid=123&tid=172&tid=103
>

> Vernon Blake, an IT sysadmin for the Alabama Department Of Transportation, wanted to get
> evidence that his boss spent the majority of his time playing solitaire on his computer.
> Since emails to higher up supervisors were ignored, he installed Win-Spy, which grabbed
> screenshots several times per day over a period of 7 months. 70% of the resulting
> screenshots showed an active game of solitaire, and another 20% showed his boss checking
> the stock market. When he reported this to superiors, he was fired, even though he had 21
> years of service in the position. His boss got a reprimand to 'stop playing games'. He is
> appealing his termination in court since he claims it was part of his job description to
> 'confirm and document' computer misuse for ALDOT.
>

> Hi Story  http://www.aldotwaste.com/
>

> Now we need a poll.    Was he right or wrong?  Couldn't he have blocked the websites and
> removed solitaire? Then played dumb as to why they didn't work. (j/k)
>
> Adrin

s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II
lying Oriental, NC