[ale] Wyse Winterm 2310SE Thin Client

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 28 19:50:03 EDT 2004

>Anyone used something like this as a Linux thin client?
>I found a supply of them for $19 each.
>www.computersurplusoutlet.com

 At work we've sold the Wyse 3360 and 3125 to our customers to use in
place of serial terminals. We don't use the ICA connection at all. If
our clients are connecting via serial connections, we just tell the
Winterm to connect over the serial port, and at what baud rate. If our
client is connecting over the network, we just assign the Winterm an IP
address, and point it at the IP address of the server. It might do DHCP,
but we've never had an occasion to use that.
 However, we are using this as a command line client, as our software is
text based. I've never even tried to use this as a GUI client, and have
no idea if it would even work as a GUI client for a non-Citrix or WTS
based system.

...alan