[ale] Organizing data

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Apr 28 10:02:13 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 09:51, Jason Etheridge wrote:

> Would Perl be a good language for me to learn object oriented
> programming?  Or would I be better served with something like Python or
> Java?  It's been ages since I messed with C++ or Smalltalk (or
> especially Turbo Pascal 5.5), and I never really did anything on a scale
> where I could see an advantage to using OOP with all those neat
> buzzwords like polymorphism and stuff.

Java is a good lang for OOP but if you want to user perl for many
operations you can do perl too.

I bought a good book on http://www.half.com called "Object Oriented
Perl"
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1488698&meta_id=1

You can get good info from the oop perl docs but this book gives you
info on how to do things like you would do in other OOP languages.