[ale] Spam Blocking Alternatives

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Apr 27 14:35:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, John Allgood wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are looking into switching from our current MailScanner + SpamAssassin Gateway set-up over to a more flexible commercial software package.
>
> We just got done evaluating Sophos PureMessage, but it was more than we wanted to spend. The Sophos software was blocking 98% of spam but it is more tailored to the enterprise market.
>
> Any recommendations would be very welcome

For the features you sound like you want, adding Maia
<http://www.renaissoft.com/projects/maia/> to your current SpamAssassin is
another alternative you might want to look at.... It doesn't provide the
managed aspects you're wanting (though I know of companies which will
provide that service for it), but it gives you the "end users get control".

later,
chris