[ale] a Google <feature!> OT

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Apr 22 13:56:04 EDT 2004

    Alan> As disturbing as this may be, it is not a new feature.
    Alan> Google has had this feature for at least a year or two, and
    Alan> the same data (more up-to-date) has been available for
    Alan> several years with AT&T's AnyWho reverse lookup:

It's even documented in the ORA _Google Hacks_ book which has been out
over a year:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/googlehks/

As a quick review, _Google Hacks_ has some useful tips (e.g. I never
knew about repeating search terms to weight them more and change the
result set) but isn't really worth the full cover price IMHO; if you
do a lot of googling it's probably worth the *insert favourite online
bookseller* 30%-off price.