[ale] a Google <feature!> OT

Frank S. Glass glass at holos.com
Thu Apr 22 13:13:55 EDT 2004

In the early 1960's and before you could buy a "City Directory" for most towns
above a certain size.  The directory contained a reverse mapping by telephone
number, a list of each house on each street and its inhabitants.  My town had
around 50,000 people.  I suspect that with smaller towns you could just ask
where someone lived.  Surprisingly we had maps back then as well.

My point is that Google (and technology in general) has not so much enabled the
invasion of one's privacy as made it really cheap.

--
Frank S. Glass
Holos Software, Inc.