[ale] wireless b/g card talk to a b card

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 20 17:41:13 EDT 2004

So, I've got a b/g card and a b card.  The b card can ping the b/g card,
but the b/g card can not ping the b card.

Noting that the rate for the b/g card indicates 54Mb/s, I tried

iwconfig eth1 rate 11M

But it returns that it's not supported ????

Now the b card says it's rate is 5.5Mb/s, so I try:

iwconfig eth1 rate 11M

No complaints, but iwconfig reveals that it's still set at 5.5Mb/s

I'd like to get these cards talking, any suggestions would be appreciated.