[ale] Merging IMAP directories

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Mon Apr 19 09:16:05 EDT 2004

Guys,

I've been hosting my mail account on a hosting company's servers (cordata.com...great service btw) for a few months while moving and getting my connection up to speed here in Greensboro.

Now that I'm ready to make the move back to my own servers, I'm left with a dilemma.  I have one Maildir from my personal servers that has about two years of mail history in it, and another Maildir from cordata's server that has about three months worth of mail.

Is there an easy way to merge these two Maildirs?  They essentially have very similar or identical folder structures.  Can I simply copy the messages in Maildir/subdir to the other Maildir/subdir, or is it more complicated?  I'm no IMAP expert by any means, but I know that you're out there, lunatic fringe.

Thanks guys.

John