[ale] Shared Samba printer, SuSE 9.0

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 18 10:11:52 EDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:20:06AM -0400, BruceG wrote:
> Jason - in /etc/cups/mime.type - do you have the
> #application/msword		doc string(0,<D0CF11E0A1B11AE1>)
> line uncommented? Some of my Samba print jobs will be from MSWord on a Samba
> client. Or is this if you are running MSWord on the Samba server itself?

Yes, that line is uncommented.  Note that, as Dow mentioned, when you
install the printer in cups you must use the raw printer driver.  This
means that cups won't do any processing on the print data at all, it
will just pass it directly to the printer.  This also means that you
have to install the real printer driver on your windows clients.

In my case, my desktop doubles as the print server.  So I have two
drivers (and two queues) installed for the same printer: the raw driver,
for the windows clients, and the foomatic printer driver for my printer,
to print from my desktop.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9