[ale] (no subject) SPAM talk...

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Apr 18 05:28:47 EDT 2004

> As the ALE list archives are a matter of public record, they serve a
> useful public service when a non-ale person does a Google search
> concerning a problem they are having and finds the solution on the ALE
> archives.

I agree.

> This is a good reason to NOT close the archives to non-subscribers.

That's not what I was suggesting.

> There is NO SOLUTION to this problem that will not have a detrimental
> effect that may be greater than the initial problem.

Any "change" could be considered detrimental.

> Fletch has demonstrated that obfuscation is not an answer.

Fletch has only demonstrated that un-obfuscation is possible.
How many spammers do you think will personally come to the ALE archives and
un-obfuscate groups-at-ale-changinglinks_com? My answer "0."
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com