[ale] Shared Samba printer, SuSE 9.0

H. Adrin Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Sat Apr 17 11:31:49 EDT 2004

Some quick testing tips from the windows side for printing.

 From a DOS prompt

net view \\<SAMBA_SERVER _NAME>

You should see the network shares

net print \\<SAMBA_SERVER _NAME>\<SHARED_PRINTER_NAME>

This will show you the print que. NOTE:  It will show you the last job
printed even though it is done.

print /d:\\<SAMBA_SERVER _NAME>\<SHARED_PRINTER_NAME>   <TEXT_FILE_TO_PRINT>

This should print the file and return a response.    If you are getting
asked for a username and password at anytime you may need to check your
smb.conf file.    As far as CUPS go.    I have not played with those yet.

Adrin