[ale] OT: DSL in older house (no NID)

H. Adrin Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Sat Apr 17 11:02:42 EDT 2004

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.  Hey smae last name are we related?

Anyways,  I live in a older house also.   I have the Western Digital NID
outsdie my house.  just as you described.   My dsl comes through just
fine.   Although,  I would love to change it I have not.  Bellsouth has
quoted me a little over $100.00 to upgrade it, some time ago.   I wil
say the only problem that I have and had is this.   When I loose sync,
I have to carry the modem outside and use a special phone wire to
connect only the DSL.  That was I can say I have tested the modem back
to the NID.   Some could probably make her a simple jack and a terminal
block to do the samething.  Mine is outsdie the house and not in a
basement.

Adrin Story