[ale] Announcement: ALE NW April meeting, (yes, that's tomorrow..)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Apr 14 15:34:14 EDT 2004

Presentation: Will it be a Mandrake install, Slackware install,
               Sun Java Desktop demo or palm syncing with the
               slick serial/usb adapter? We'll vote to see what
               we start with and see how much we can get done.

Mandrake 10 install
Slackware install
review the Sun Java Desktop demo
syncing a Palm via serial/usb converter

We might have time for more then one

When: April 15, 2004

Where: Kennesaw State University, Clendenin Hall, room CL 1007

Presenter: Geof Myers.

Geof will bring with him the Mandrake 10, Slackware 9.1, Sun Java
Desktop demo disk and a serial/usb converter for Palm syncing.

Attendees will vote which we'll attempt first.  It's likely we'll
be able get more then one done, depending on the order of things as
well as questions/interest in each.

There will also be a door prize of boxed version Xandros Desktop
OS Deluxe, Version 2.