[ale] RE: Fact Finding - ALE South!

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 13 10:54:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 09:51:19AM -0400, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I'll volunteer.  I live nearby as well so I can do local footwork if
> needed.

I guess it's time to weigh in...

Vernard, Dan Newcombe, Chris, and myself are down here at CCSU. Vee and I are
definitely interested in getting things going. Eric, one of my students is
also interested and I'll make sure to get you two in touch with each other.

I'll feel out the issue of space on the CCSU campus. The political issues
are twofold:

1) Gaining space on a campus that runs a full evening schedule.
2) Resolving the issue of integrating the non campus community.

Once we're finished with our reaccreditation effort, which is going on as
I write this E-mail, I'll put out some feelers on these two issues. The first
one is actually pretty easily resolvable: Friday night meetings. However I'm
not sure how the constituency would feel about giving up a Friday night a
month.

It's great to see interest. It's also great to see CCSU students (Hi Sergio!)
rallying to the call.

Let me get a handle on it here in the next week or so, and I'll report back.

BAJ