[ale] Fact Finding - ALE South?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 13 07:40:52 EDT 2004

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Agree, however a meeting at a church is better than none at all and we
> know how sucessful we've been getting South a locaion (yeah that
> includes me too)...  It's like we're cursed or something.

I absolutely agree with a meeting somewhere is better then no where.
What you might consider is parallel efforts that intersect.  I know,
mathematically impossible...

Anyway, Eric will have to work through the politics of the school
system, we saw that with KSU.  I suggest he continue pursuing his
efforts to bring back the school lug, with the intention of working in
the ALE in the future.

While that happens Sergio can check with his church and get something
going there.  On down the road, if it looks like it will work, combine
the meetings, either at the school or church.  There's nothing wrong
with the LUG meeting at the church.

The only possible issue there is location, I don't know how convenient
the church location is for the students.  I'll leave that to you folks
to work out.  The key here is communcation.  I recommend that Sergio,
Eric and possibly Robert communicate on a regular basis in order to get
things going.

Good luck folks and keep the list informed.  We should be able to get
the website updated for these meetings as well.